NO TV TODAY (Verve)

I'm sat here now with a giddy-fizzy reward (JD & coke) on my day off having just finished doing my weekly chores with one of my all time favourite albums on.. 'A Northern Soul' by The Verve. I've been listening alot recently to this album, it really takes me back to being 16/17 driving around at night, driving (on my own..ahh) to the cinema and feeling sorry for myself..it's a very lonely album you see. I love it, it's perfect. I bumped into Nick McCabe at a Peter Kay stand up show about 4 years ago (very strange) and told him that, he whispered 'thank you'. However naff Dickie Ashcroft turned out to be later in his career, nothing can tarnish the quality of this record. I heard while making the album they were all addicted to lasagna, they ate it every day for months!? Here, enjoy visual highlights from the album..

* 'History'..



* 'Life's An Ocean'..



* 'On Your Own'

More great early Verve videos..

* 'Slide Away'
* 'Blue'
* 'All In The Mind'
* 'She's A Superstar'

2 comments:

JJJH said...

im on the stellas now. today HAS/WAS SO nice. im fuzzy and warm. got more fave albums on now. whats wrong with drinking in the day anyway. it feels good.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I'm boozin too whilst watching these vids. Just had "one of the best dinners ever!" -Amanda Taylor 2007

fresh fish from fish shop.