BLACK AFFAIR LIVE (Sat 22nd Sept)

A strange day. I spent the first half wondering around charity shops looking for a pink suit for my Special Wednesday costume..no luck, but found something else that may work. While walking home with bags of all my ridicous props i bumped into Mr Steve Mason (AKA Black Affair, KBT, ex Beta Band). We had a little chat, he seemed alot less scared of me than normal..i think the times in the past i've spoken to him i've come across as a crazed psycho fan..like i can after a few drinks. A few hours later i was stood on my own in the corner surrounded by what looked like the cast of Skins, I was probably the oldest person in the venue..scary. It was a really really great set, so much better than i expected. Although i've liked the tracks stuck up on myspace i was unsure how they would come across live. It's gonna be a stomper of an album! He can do no wrong. Next up were The Ting Tings who were really good fun, like a pop version of The White Stripes. The New Young Pony Club bored me. One trick pony me thinks. Had a few more beers with Mr Mason and co, was let in on a few more Beta Band tales and secrets. I took my camera but for some reason it stayed in my pocket until about 3am where i then decided to take some photos of the club floor, some random people and one of me with half a wig on (might use that on Wednesday).

0 comments: