ZUN ZUN EGUI / INFINITE LIVEZ / SJ ESAU / ROBIN ALLENDER - LIVE (24th Jan)

Oh, bit late posting this one. This was a great great night! I went on my own but ended up bumping into soo many good good people (most of who make music in Bristol) which made me feel alot less like a loner..as i normally do at The Croft. Saying that, i'm pretty sure i did end up 'dancing'  on my own at the end of the night. It was quite a boozy night, don't blame me, blame the music. Robin Allender was (i hate to use this word) lovely. I always enjoy his stuff. He'd be right at home on Fence Records i think. There was a great bit of in-between chat with Big Jeff about his time on 'Skins' which made me laugh. This was probably the 8/9th time i've seen SJ Esau now..and the best!! His new songs sounded amazing and the visuals really worked well. Some of the visuals were quite similar to my stuff, we have a similar taste in child-like painting. Below are some photos and videos from the night. Infinite Livez was..ermm...ok. Hit and miss. He seemed alot more up for it when i saw him last at the Venn Festival last year. I've not given up on him though. He's a wierd one, i'm sure he'll surprize me again. First time i'd seen Zun Zun Egui after hearing really good things about them over the past few months (mainly from SJ Esau). Woooo! Brilliant! I may have been a liddle tipsy by this point but i'm sure they had more of an influence on my booty-shakin'! I don't/can't dance to much so it's always a good sign if i'm moving. Next thing i know is that i'm waking up at 5am on my front door (to my flat, i got through the first door, but couldn't make it inside the flat??). A little bird told me that OLO Worms will be playing with them soon. Video from the night below..

* Zun Zun Egui..



* SJ Esau..





More SJ Esau live videos and album adverts HERE.

CLICK HERE to see more photos from the gig over on BEANSNAPS.

Photos by Beth Ward. Thanks.

0 comments: