COCKNBULLKID DESIGNS (Final One Not Included)

About a week or so ago i managed to get the job of designing the new cocknbullkid U.S EP cover. As a fan of hers i was well up for doing it! If you are unfamiliar with her and her music watch this..

* cocknbullkid 'I'm Not Sorry'..



Then she told me what i had to draw, ha! She emailed me a number of times with instructions, suggestions and advice. Here are a few funny snippets from the emails..

"I would like the image to be of an overweight topless man. It should be focused from just below the waistband of his jeans, going through to the torso and right to the top of his neck. He is holding a wilted sunflower. As well as having a noticeably flabby stomach, he has a sailor like tattoo that says Querelle."

" Also, could you make his stance a bit softer, a bit more homoerotic?
Maybe if his free hand is rested on his stomach leading down to his crotch area. Does that make any sense? Its quite a typical gay pose. I dont have a pic to show you but imagine a male model trying to look seductive...Overall this picture should look and feel sexy but wrong and disgusting."

Sooo..ermmm...googling 'fat man belly' and 'classic gay pose' images wasn't the most enjoyable experience ever but it gave me something to work with. I mixed a few together and came up with a few different outcomes (below). I wasn't too keen on any of them to be honest. I felt really rusty having not done any life drawing for a few years. Anyway she liked one of the images below and we added a few other touches to it and then finally the text. The final result (not posted) actually looks ok.

I havn't posted the finished design cos i'm not sure if i should really. I will do in time. She said she loved the final design and it ended up better than she imagined in her head? which is a bit weird as everything i've made never ends up as good as it starts out in my head. It seems the record label loved it too. Maybe they might get around to paying me soon!? As i said i'll post up the finished design when the EP is announced before it's August release date..maybe i've just annonced that!?? Oh, sorry.

0 comments: