MY BIRTHDAY - SUPER SPECIAL WEDNESDAY vs OLO RADIO (Part 3: The Party!)

So we'd had a few drinks and a bop around the house to the Back To The Future soundtrack. The taxi's arrived..this is where the trouble began. We'd arrived at the club, everyone got out excited and up for it. I looked behind me as i left the taxi ..ARRRRGHHH!! most of the paint from the 'E.C.G' (btw..that stands for Exceedingly Good Cakes) on back of my dressing gown had smudged into the taxi seat. The driver went nuts! Most of the people who were already there came out and had a laugh as i stood there in on the busy street dressed in pink trying to calm him down. The funniest moment for me came when Robocop (DJ Martipants, real name Martin) came swaggering out of the club, up to the car and offered to destroy him..well, he didn't but he looked like he was going to..Martin Jones 'The future of law enforcement'. About 15 minutes and £70 later he accepted that i was sorry. His really annoying little mate didn't help things.."he's out of work now, he's got kids to feed!, etc". Luckly i had a good friend there to clean up some of the paint and he let us go. Then while walking in, my surprize tarts fell out the ends of my shoes, my bakewells fell off my hat..i looked a very sorry sight. As soon as i got in all that nonsense was forgotten. My pals had a whip round to cover the fine which was very nice of them..very unusual to be soo generous i thought..cheers guys! More cakes fell off, my bald wig slipped, my hat wobbled but i didn't care, i was well on my drunken journey to turning 27! Crack open the cakes i demanded! Lionheart laid them out on my pink cake tray (think it really was a egg tray? another Scrap Store gem). The OLO team and Special Wednesday team took it in turns DJing and we all had a dance. The place got really busy and packed out (although you wouldn't guess that from the pics). DJing as Kipling isn't easy..just incase you're thinking about doing it. It was great to play 'Peacebone' really loud! A lot of people were scared/disgusted/worried by the look of me. I think i may have made some freshers change university. My favourite detail of the costume (and i suppose most disturbing) was the red flashing icing funnel with the 2 table tennis balls i wore down below. I enjoyed carrying around a big candle cane all night, i felt important..ha! pretty dangerous thinking about it. I lit the candles on the top of my hat (i'll edit that into the video) when on the dancefloor! Woo! wish going to clubs could always be soo much fun. There were some amazing costumes that i didn't really notice at the time but since seen in the photos. Cheers everyone! I'll remember this birthday for a long time. So below are photos taken by Matt Lacey, Gareth Jones, James Nation, Steve Jenson, Mark Hankins, Lora English, Alex Dimond, and a few other Facebook people (they are actually real people with real lives too)..Thanks!..






















































































0 comments: