MY BIRTHDAY - SUPER SPECIAL WEDNESDAY vs OLO RADIO (Part 1: Making The Costume)

Heeey! finally i have all the photos from my birthday (Weds/Thurs). I wasn't in work today as i've been feeling odd the last couple of days..it may have something to with all the latex and poster paint i slapped on my face last week or it could be all the food and drink i downed over the weekend..either way i was not in a good way last night/this morning. So i've spent the last few hours wrapped in my favourite flannel wear with fruit tea uploading all these photos..i feel a liddle bedder now. Some of you may have seen them all before on Facebook, sorry there are soo many..i couldn't decide which one's to stick up so i pretty much stuck them all up. Thanks to everyone who took them and gave them to me. Oh! more importantly..BIG thank you to all my friends and family who bought me presents & cards, beers, gave me money, and wrote on my FB wall..you lovely lovely people. I had a really nice few days (it helped being off work and out of the van). This post contains photos of me and my brother (Doc Brown, Back To The Future) shopping for cakes and sewing stuff at his place. The theme of the night was fictional characters. I'd always wanted to be Mr Kipling, i used to always pick him when i played that name game, people would never guess him..ha! Him and The Colonel Sanders..remember that..i'll give you them for free. I imagined him to act a bit like one of my other heroes..John McCrerrick, so i did my best job of being rude and demanding, no one seemed to mind? Below is a quick pic i drew a few weeks before, it's how i thought he should look like. I took this drawing to the high street stores but couldn't find anything. My breakthrough came when we went to the good old Scrap Store..they never dissapoint. Amazingly we found some Mr Kipling wrapping paper within seconds of being in there! (see below)..amazingly, i forgot to actually use this on my costume. I also found a pink lampshade that would end up being my bakewell tart hat. I then decided he would be dressed all in pink with gold accessories. I won't talk you through all the costume as you're probably bored already. Here are the pre-party photos..
















0 comments: