THE JELAS / IRON CREASE / COLOUR OF THE SUN / FREEZE PUPPY / OLO RADIO DJS - LIVE (19th DEC)

A good night, marred slighty by me acting like a complete idiot and getting chucked out. Dancing with chairs, smashing chairs, and falling off chairs were not the reasons for my removal. Flashing my cheeks, and spinning on the pool table didn't work either. It was like i was on some kind of mission to completely rid myself of any respect i may have had for myself. Apparently (so i've been told) in the end i got thrown out for drinking cans of Fosters in front of the manager..i don't even like Fosters!! The weakest of all lagers! How embarrasing! I've since seen videos from the night, they're nearly enough for me to think about quitting (the drink). Once i pop i can't stop. I'll take it to another level next year..higher or lower? More or less? Open the box!!

I don't really remember DJing much, which probably means there were huge gaping holes where songs should have been. I can tell you a little about the bands though. Freeze Puppy (backed by Jan Safetyword on drums) was great, he played an acoustic set which was alot calmer than his usual thing, as nice as it was i don't think i prefer this acoustic Puppy..i miss the dancing and sign language. I've been listening to his new album 'Animation' alot recently which should get a release sometime next year. It's mad! Really good mad..mad. I'm excited because it looks like i might be making a video for him next year too. I have ideas! The Colour Of The Sun were up next, quite enjoyed the music, i don't know too much about these things but i'm pretty sure the sound could have been better for them. I really like what i've heard of them off their myspace. IRON CREASE! WOW! Really didn't know what to expect, but i got it! I got a big fat meaty slab of it! (i don't normally say this kind of thing nor do i like hearing people say it but here goes..) THEY ROCKED!! One of the best things i've seen this year. The Jelas i don't really remember. I think i liked them? I liked dancing afterwards..

Here's a list of the tunes i played (not sure if i wrote them all down?)..


CLICK HERE to see the rest of this set of photos over on BEANSNAPS.

All photos taken by G.Jones..




0 comments: