DREAMS OF (Cricket and Swans)



Been having some pretty morbid dreams of late even by my standards.

dream 1) two nights ago i dreamt i was at a cricket match when all of a sudden, two of my mates (who i won't be naming in case this happens and i get framed) were shot down and killed in the middle of the wicket! i had to run onto the pitch (well, did'nt HAVE to, i'm just very brave..in dreams) and try and save them. i could'nt they were already dead. i then had to pick up their cold grey bodies and take them away.

dream 2) last night i had a dream i'm sure means something. again i won't be naming the person invloved in case they start to avoid walking in parks. they were by a swamp on an island watching a group of swans. they then for no reason started to prod the swans and hurt them. one of the swans became angry and looked like it was gonna attack back. i tried to stop the person from hurting it but they were brain dead and could'nt understand me. a massive swarm (swarm? whats the collective for swans?) of swans gathered around us. i then became aware that millions of people were watching us on tv. the un-named person then broke the swans neck and killed it. everyone (including me) was horrorified by this. after some time the person came around and realised what they had done, and to write the wrong started to write a book to say sorry to all the swans and the tv audience..but it was too late, they were the most hated person in the world!

oh, nearly forgot. a week ago my mate james davidson joined dire straits on bass at wembley. i was very excited as he invited me to the after show BBQ.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dreamt on saturday night (after a very heavy session) that I was in America and in a car and trying to out run some mental tornados. The dream was really graphic as well and felt so real. I then woke up to the BBC news that tornados had killed ppl that night in the States

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4412180.stm

mental

hy

Anonymous said...

WWHat???
Davidson playing with Dire Straits?
How the hell did that happen? Amazing news!
Cant believe you just tucked in under the (obviously much more important) 'dream update'

You nugget.



Seaweed

JJJH said...

nice dream! report back with more when u fall asleep

Anonymous said...

I've been in dire straits for years - I started loosing my hair when I was 19, and I've always been a little over weight, and now I'm out of work in canada!(awaiting VISA renewal).

Davidson

PS Hankins, your blog is very entertaining, at first I thought it was a load of self indulgent rubbish, but I have developed my views and enjoy it immensly.

JJJH said...

self indulgent rubbish?? spot on james! a signed beansonbread mug will be sent to u as soon as i finish typing up today's thoughts about my new haircut.