271109 > 291109

Went to Bristol again for the weekend. On the tube there was a guy who wanted everyone to watch him complete a rubix cube..he reminded me of what i'd be like if i didn't have the internet to show off on. Ate a dirty McDonalds (instant regret). Nearly choked on my big mac listening to the Collings & Herrin podcast, if you don't listen already, you really should! My favourite bit this week was when Richard Herrin talked about how he likes to confuse people by pretending to be Sam Beckett in 'Quantum Leap' just after Sam is transported into a new body. I'm gonna try it one day (hopefully you won't have read that). When in Bristol i popped over to see my Carrie Vanilow bandmate Jamie. We ate naughty cheeky cheesecake and went charity shopping. I found a handbag which i transformed into an elephant's head for that evening's fancy dress party. Went to another Carrie member's flat to listen to a new Carrie demo. Sounded really good! Not at all what i was expecting, there were beats and weird sounds. I wrote verse for the song on my way down on the coach which may get squeezed in. No doubt i'll put on a stupid voice and ruin the song like i do with my other band. Had a great time at Francois' album launch at the secret warehouse. Francois is a little French musician based in Bristol and a little gem! He's on Fence Records too and helped us Worms recently by playing trumpet on our new song (see video a few posts back). He wore pink tights! Not sure if it was as good as his recent gig at the Croft but maybe my bag of booze had something to do with my judgement. The elephant had to be deheaded after i got too hot and bothered. I kept the trunk on though. It was a real stroke of luck finding that just an hour before leaving for the gig. I was gonna be a mole before the trunk.

Had a long walk in the morning, in the rain, in my wet shoes, to our new practice room. The room was freezing! We did manage to come up with a couple of new songs though. 'Disney' & 'Motor Phone' are the working titles. I really really like 'Disney'. I do a spoken vocal over the music and i sort of sound like an old welsh man talking about the past. I called Gareth MUM! Hahaa! Got a KFC zinger meal and sat with all the Sunday night travellers. On my walk up the 'rat run' in the dark in Bengeo a duck quacked at me, just when i needed a thought in my head about the new 'Disney' song confirming. Well..it sounded like a quack, could have be a laugh.

Soundtrack
The Clash - 'Essential Clash'
The Jam - 'Sound Affects'
Beach Boys - 'Pet Sounds'
Max Tundra - 'Parallax Error Beheads You'
King Creosote - 'Flick The V's'
The Welcome Committee
F*** Buttons - 'Tarot Sport'
Collings & Herrin - podcast
Micachu - 'Jewellery'
King Biscuit Time - The 2 EPs

0 comments: