INVADA INVASION - VARIOUS LIVE (26th Sept)

CLICK HERE to see the rest of this set of photos over on BEANSNAPS.



WOW! How good was this!!? An AMAZING night of music also helped by the fact it was my birthday and nearly everyone from Bristol was there and i got to have one last drink and a photograph with all of them (photos to come later). The event place took place at Colston Hall which has just been done up recently. This wasn't the first time i'd seen live music in the new look Colston Hall, that was the week before. But it was the first time i'd seen anything decent in the foyer, soo good i nearly fell over the railing and onto the stage (well a bag of Quavers did, sorry, i was just soo excited!!). The F*** Buttons in the new foyer were incredible! It was the perfect end to a perfect night. It was easily the best i've ever seen them. Watching them from above and watching the crowd in front bob in time (to this in particular) was a real treat. It was also nice to have a little chat to Mr Hung (one half of the Buttons) who i had'nt seen for quite awhile. I really can't wait to get me mits on the new album! Rewind back..back to the start. Due to the night before's antics i soon realised that drinking this night was gonna be tricky..i had the shakes and not just the 'normal' shakes i get after drinking but proper hand waves! For about 45 minutes i didn't bring my pint to my face i case i spazamed. Thought Forms were a really good surprize and took my mind off my shakes. I'd heard their name knocking about Bristol but never heard the music. It was LOUD! VERY LOUD! Shoegazey goodness..or whatever! It was great! Everyone i knew kept banging on about Zu, and rightly so, they really (sorry there's only one word to describe it)..they really ROCKED the place! I always look forward to Team Brick cos i never know what i'm gonna get. I've never seen him do the same set twice. This time he banged a big drum while an orchestra played twitchy bits 'n pieces and four women sang in strange fits. The whole thing was quite nightmare-ish and i'm sure that's exactly what he wanted. Can't say i really loved it but it was good to watch and not know what was gonna happen next. Next in line for a poorly written review are Crippled Black Phoenix. Didn't really get into it. To be honest they bored me a little. Zun Zun Egui were great fun as usual. The sound in the room wasn't too good but that didn't stop my big toe tapping. I would have danced if people didn't exist. I'd never seen Mogwai before, crazy i know. I don't know why? I would'nt say i'm a huge fan but i do really like them. Obviously not enough to bother to buy a ticket though. Anyway, i arrived in about a third into the set (weirdly i ended up standing next to Stuart Braithwaite's wife who's Birthday it was too) and managed to catch most of my fave Mogwai songs, su-su-super st-st-stuff!! What a night!! What a night!!!

0 comments: