THIS LIFE

Dear Diary,

Hello from my new bedroom at Boot Camp! BOOT CAMP!! It's like rehab. I'm not on reality TV though, not on ITV3. I've got a TV though, a desk, my computer, stereo, bed..and LOADS of storage options!..a whole loft infact! In case you don't know i have moved out of Bristol. I like to say i was forced out. I did'nt want to leave but after years of poorly paid jobs, a few stints on the dole & general bad decisions involving coins and notes i found myself in a position that i could no longer afford to eat let alone pay rent and bills. I'm in my late 20s and don't have anything to show for it apart from boxes of drawings and newspaper cuttings. I do understand why i'm on my own. Boo bloody hoo! I've had my head stuck in the ground for too long. I owe (or did owe, i'm currently paying people back) alot of money. So last month (just before my Birthday) i had to admit defeat and decided to move back home (Hertfordshire) with my Mum. "Big baby runs home to Mummy!" was the headline in the local newspaper. I quit my job at the cinema which was easy, although a little sad as i did have fun there sometimes. Found a replacement for the flat, he gets boozy, likes to wear joggers and watch trash TV too. I like to think of him as my apprentice. It was very sad leaving Bristol (although i have actually been back nearly every weekend since ha! So i've not really cut myself off yet). I'd been living there since the year 2000! Nearly 10 years! Oh yeah i love Bristol but i need to leave and want to return in better shape.

The first thing i did when i arrived at Boot Camp was to go through all my boxes of 'junk' (i don't need to explain, you've all seen my junk over the years on this here blog) and got organised. It's all up in the loft now. I'm hoping when i move back to Bristol i'll walk it with just a bag on a stick like Droopy in those old cartoons, what's that stick & bag called? For me 2009 is now all about clearing the decks, getting back on track, getting fit and healthy and preparing for the year 2010. 2010 is gonna be ACE! I can feel it..it HAS TO BE ACE!..or another word which means the same thing..like...erm. A new decade! woo! Hold that horse James! It's still 2009.

Oct 27th 2009, I'm sat here with a cup of tea having just got back from a long drive around Hertfordshire. I got sent out to the Butchers (that's kinda my payment for living here) to get some of Buntingford's finest traditional sausages. I got a little lost. My knowledge of the roads around Buntingford is pretty poor so one wrong turn means a slight (ermm..30min) detour through Hertford Town centre. That's cool though cos i LOVE driving through Hertford! I do love Hertford. It's thee old home ain't it!? Nothing's happening really, nothing's changed much. A few new pubs have popped up and there's a Starbucks of course but its still pretty dead. I've seen quite a few people i recognise wondering round, people from school that have aged pretty badly. They look soo bored and their faces have melted. It seems so much smaller than when i lived here before i moved away, it's a bit like a toy town. I'm looking forward to seeing a few of my mates who live near by soon although i don't plan to do much in the way of drinking in the Town though, i'm on a bit of a health kick. Well..i would be if it was'nt for the dirty weekends in Bristol filling up on the bad stuff. I've completed just 5 runs so far, that needs to IMPROVE! i'll be posting more about the Fat Girls Running Club soon. "Say no to carbs!".

Life at Boot Camp is good! Food is good!! GOOD FOOD!! I'm so lucky to be eating amazing healthy tasty meals for free. Thanks (you know who you are). Being a lazy cook was not helping me at all. I got stuck in a pattern of cooking (i mean re-heating) the same things everyday. It makes you even more lazy. FAT LAZY MEN need to shake it up! I mean i know i'm still lazy as i'm not actually cooking, ha!..but i'm taking on board the advice so when i move out i'll be ready for that fat bald man on Masterchef to take that fork, dig in to my grilled salmon and fresh vegatables, hold that fork in his mouth (for much longer than really necessary) and look up at me and say "James, you're through to the 2nd round of this year's junior Masterchef!!"

So with all this change i've been getting behind on the old blogging recently. Bad blogger! On your bed! I'm in the process of changing the way i do things. There's gonna be less re-tweets and more personal droppings. Ha! I know this isn't exactly big news. Has there ever been big news on this blog!?? At Boot Camp surfing the web is frowned apon and rightly so. Im trying to cut down massively on the time spent on Twitter/Facebook/email/etc. I hate it! Seriously i do. I know i champion it (and it has got quite a few plus points) but thinking about it i've wasted ALOT of time over the last few years. Time i could have spent gathering money in a swimming pool like in 'Ducktails'. It's depressing thinking about how little i own. I'm not cutting myself off the internet, just cutting down. I've got running & painting to do now! Oh yeah and one day i might even think about getting a job. Let's hope music or film or art saves me though.

I do still want to keep my blog going though so i'll still post on here and on Bean Snaps, Bean Burner..and..on my NEW WEBSITE!! Yeah!! I got myself a website at last. A proper one to try and attract people with money. I'll be finishing it in the next week or so.

Yep, so that's my news. I hope you are well who ever you are? If not, eat fresh fish! It really helps your brain think. THINK FISH!

3 comments:

crocodileyears said...

THINK FISH! hahaha

Hector said...

Aw yeah James! 2-10 is gonna be sweet for music and good times! Cannie wait to see that new webbersite...

JJJH said...

hey Hector! cheers yeah year 10 is gonna beee gooooood!