141109 > 151109

The big news story on Saturday 14th November 2009 was that Bruce Forsyth had the flu.




I'll just leave a gap there.

I had a pretty scary drive to Bristol in my Grandad's car in the wind and rain. I had an iced bun on the passenger seat to keep me safe though. Bought a new phone to replace my old one that's now decided to not show me what's on it's screen. I bought the cheapest piece of crap i could, which turned out to be the crappiest piece of cheap. I hate it! *MASSIVE Christmas hint* I'd love an iphone. I FINALLY collected the last of my Bristol belongings (known as 'crap corner' even now when there is no corner. Even now all the stuff is here in the house, in the loft it's still 'crap corner'). I was amazed how i managed to squeeze everything into the tiny car boot. I even got my old Subbuteo astro pitch in there! I really enjoyed driving round Bristol at night with all the Christmas lights up and all the Saturday night tarts stumbling about. I had the amazing new Hyperdub '5' comp & Hudson Mohawke album on full whack. It was COSMIC! like the film 'Tron'..."all because of cosmic driiiiiver!". Fish & Chip supper and X-Factor in the evening (i'm soo normal!). Found a DIME BAR! Hav'nt had a Dime Bar in years! yeah i remember why now.

Sunday was to be the last day of recording for the new OLO songs (news on those songs will be posted later in the week). It was the first day in our brilliant new practice room. Had a great time and we made big steps towards finishing the two songs. We started at 8am and did'nt finish til 6pm, then we moved onto The Crystal Maze (my old flat) where we continued til 1am with just a short break for a Domino's Pizza & few tins of Stella. It's quite a stressful task this music game. Highlight of the day was when we all recorded our 'Sister Act 2' style backing vocal.."SWAMP THING!!!!!".

Soundtrack
Hyperdub - '5' Compilation
Hudson Mohawke - 'Butter'
Wild Beasts - 'Two Dancers'
OLO Worms - 'Back From England'

0 comments: