161109

Set off at 6am to drive back to Bunto. It was kinda fun being up at that hour. There was no one about at all..apart from all the early morning ghosts and foxes. I stopped off for a sausage sandwich and Skips and ate them in an empty car park like Alan Partridge. Took a wrong turn somehow and ended up in central London queueing to get in during rush hour and then queueing to get out. I had to stop in Hertford and used the walk from the car park to listen to a mixdown of one of our new songs, ahh i was soo pleased with it! I stood and watched a man (doing my old job) cleaning a function room in the town hall where i used to work when i was 18. I imagined my 18 year old self listening to the song while hoovering the carpet and tried to think what i would have thought of it. As i walked through our front door and into the kitchen 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart' was playing at full volume! What a welcome home! I was soo shattered i could barely mumble the words.."once upon a time i was falling apart, now i'm always falling in love" ah no, that's The Beta Band version, ha, i always get them mixed up. Steve Mason's right though, the lyrics work better that way round. Spent some time correcting the mistakes in the magazine piece that was written about us. Sneezed and split my lip again! I came up with a really great ending to one of the new songs but got over ruled. I know i'm right, i'll leave it for a while and let the others catch up.

Scraps
Next year's Fence Homegame dates.
OLO Radio gets blogged by MC Quake.

Soundtrack
King Creosote - 'Psalm Clerk'

0 comments: